Over the last five years, the music school has more than doubled its student growth and school count.
School of Rock has reached yet another milestone with 50,000 active student enrollments. The global brand more than doubled student count and grew unit count by over 60% in five years, despite pandemic disruptions. This accomplishment elevates School of Rock to a new level of impact and solidifies the company’s position as the world’s leading music-education brand.
“We are relentless in our pursuit to provide students with superior music education with unmatched opportunities to perform,” said Rob Price, CEO of School of Rock. “There is a lot of heart and soul that goes into our patented curriculum and reaching this milestone demonstrates the strength of our concept as well as the unwavering commitment of the School of Rock community.”
School of Rock ended 2021 with record expansion, numerous awards, and innovative partnerships. Some highlights include:
- Footprint growth from 168 domestic schools and 19 international schools in seven markets to 245 domestic schools and 55 international schools in 13 markets;
- Expanded presence internationally in Taiwan, Spain, Colombia, and South Africa;
- Total active enrollment increased from 22,000 students in 2016 to 50,000 students today;
- Opened its 300th location in Plymouth, MN;
- Named “Best Children’s Service and Education Franchise” for the Global Franchise Awards 2021;
- Recognized as Top Children’s Music Enrichment Brand in Entrepreneur’s 43rd Annual Franchise 500, for the second year in a row;
- Expanded into retail musical instruments and accessories sales through the School of Rock GearSelect program through partnerships with 40 of the world’s most recognizable gear brands;
- Unveiled Limited Edition Gibson Les Paul Signature Model guitar with 100% of all profits from the sale of these guitars to the Save the Music Foundation